Cutting edge proprietary developed eco-friendly enzyme producing bacteria hydrocarbon soil remediating solution for all oil, diesel, petrol, fuel and hydrocarbon associated spills.
In order to have hyper-degradation (faster than normal) occur there must be a minimum 1 x 107 oil degrading microbes per gram of contaminant to override the indigenous population of microbes. Anything less and the bioremediation process becomes very slow, the more hydrocarbon degrading microbes present at the site of the spill, the faster and more efficient the remediation process. The only lab test required is a simple, quick, and inexpensive biocompatibility test to determine if there are any substances present that would be toxic to the microbes, thus preventing them from doing their job. Once a site is inoculated, the microbes quickly adapt to their new environment and begin the break-down of the pollutant. The speed with which this occurs is relative to the density of the needed microbe population. The microbial product is a consortium of billions hydrocarbon digesting microbes in various carriers, and since growth of the microbes is exponential, the pollutant is quickly and efficiently degraded, resulting in a faster treatment or closure. As in all products, water and oxygen must be present to allow the microbes to break down organic waste into carbon dioxide, water, and soluble fatty acids. Fatty acids are a water-soluble food for fish and plants. Bio-Bright Oil Spill Gobbler™ microbial products (“microbes”) are a consortium of naturally occurring communities of aerobic and micro-aerophilic microorganisms’ single cells ranging in size from 1 to 10 microns. When activated by water, they provide our customers the opportunity to activate the microbes at their convenience. Because microbes are living assemblage, it must be understood that they can be destroyed by caustics, high concentrations of chlorine, some solvents, and chemicals. X-raying the microbes will kill and destroy them. Oil Spill Gobbler™ microbes employ the concept of aerobic co-metabolism by using multiple strains of microorganisms. Other conditions must be considered, such as ph., temperature, salinity, type of contaminant, etc.
Health & Safety:
- Bio-Bright microbes are collected from naturally occurring sources.
- Potential pathogens to man, animals, or plants are excluded by the cultivation of our microbes in a proprietary process.
- Bio-Bright microbes are routinely analysed for dangerous and toxic microorganisms, and are human, animal and plant pathogen free.
- Extensive laboratory and field tests have documented the efficiency, safety, and reliability of Oil Spill Gobbler™.
- Firstly, if it is a fresh spill, it should first be contained using high efficiency eco-friendly absorbents, for more information please see Bio-Bright Powder Gobbler™. These absorbents are poured around the spill to make sure it does not spread. It also absorbs the excess oil.
2. The soil is then dug up to the deepest level of contamination, and the total affected cubic volume is calculated. Take Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon (T.P.H.) readings to ascertain the level of soil contamination before treatment begins as well as pH readings. The pH must be in the 5,5 to 8,5 regions